Tuesday, January 15

Sweet potatoes with a side of smiles

Super mom here reporting that I finally attempted & successfully made baby food for little man! I don't know who was happier with the end result - him or me.

Brandon's sweet Memaw gave us some of her home grown sweet potatoes which neither of us eat. Wyatt, on the other hand, loves sweet potatoes. Instead of letting them go to waste I decided to bake them up, blend them soft & feed my ever growing boy. Success!

Even though baby food doesn't break the bank, I may give other items a go just for kicks & giggles. If you're interested, here is how I did it.

1. Take sweet potato(s) & poke holes into them with a fork. Wrap in aluminum foil.
2. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. Let cool when finished baking.
3. Once cool, scoop sweet potato out of skins into a blender. I used my husband's favorite appliance - his Magic Bullet). Add water as needed to achieve proper consistency.
4. Store in containers & feed that baby!

Wyatt says this recipe rocks... See?







No comments:

Post a Comment