Wednesday, April 22

A Moment in My Mind

Today’s ramblings are a hodge-podge of things that are on my mind today…

1. I’m on day three of my two-week challenge. I’m only eating 1500 calories (or less) a day and I’m doing well so far. Monday I spent a couple hours at Kroger stocking up on healthy food. My question is this – if it is better for us to eat healthy, then why are fresh produce, health foods, etc SO much more expensive? I’m now missing an arm because I couldn’t foot the bill! I don’t get it. Fresh produce takes more effort to produce? How is that possible when canned goods must be processed and packaged before sending out to stores? Wouldn’t that add to the cost? All I have to say is that the prices do NOT help me get into a smaller jean! I’m staying strong though… and eating healthy… although I’m going to keep dropping weight if I have to sell body parts just to manage my grocery bills.

2. “Don’t take the wrong things lightly.” This past week in church we talked about hell. It was the first time that I have ever heard the discussion in church, which is amazing if you think about it. The alternative to what we strive for should definitely be approached in church… you gotta know what your choices are. Although the service was about the ultimate life choice, I started thinking about other ways that “don’t take the wrong things lightly” apply to our lives. People (and I am SO included here – my golf game perhaps) take the wrong things lightly and take other things so seriously. I guess what I’m getting at is “don’t sweat the small stuff” all while we “don’t take the wrong things lightly.” Simple enough?

3. Steeplechase this weekend… family, beautiful weather, great food and drinks, horse racing… ‘nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment