Monday, October 19

Christmas in October

Although Halloween is still two weeks away stores are decked out in Christmas garb.  Trees, lights, decorations, gifts... you name it, Christmas has hit the retail business.

In the spirit of the season, I decided to start demo crafts for the Christmas rush.  Today, I made 4 items: two lanterns and two ornaments.

Lanterns
Using the same technique as I did with my Halloween lanterns, I created these CUTE winter inspired crafts.  The snowman and "let it snow" lanterns are perfect for Christmas AND the rest of winter! 



The Snowman Lantern



"Let it Snow" Lantern

You will have to excuse my painting skills on the "Let it Snow" lantern.  They need some work.

Ornaments
The ornaments are VERY simple to make.  I purchased plain, glass ornaments at Michaels, ribon of different styles and sizes, some jewels, and started using my hot glue gun!


Funky Ribbon Ornament



Christmas Ribbons Ornament

No comments:

Post a Comment