Monday, March 16

Golf Tourney Debut

For the first time in my life I participated in a golf tournament. Having never been very skilled at the game of golf, I was a little nervous this morning on the way to the course. My team (Brandon, Kevin, Colin, and myself) all arrived early this morning at TPC Sugarloaf. Yes, today I lived my life philosophy to the fullest extent... "GO BIG OR GO HOME".

We started off around 10 am with a scramble. I don't mean to brag, but my team actually used MY ball TWICE!! (People who have seen me golf know this is a big deal!)

We got to take a couple of photos along the way before the tournament was cancelled due to the ongoing rain.
Although the tournament was cancelled, all players received a complimentary "rain check" for another day. My team plans to return sometime this summer for another round on the championship course!
After the tournament was cancelled we returned to the clubhouse for the silent auction, lunch, and raffle items. The lunch was DELISH and Brandon and I won some great gifts: an official 2009 Kentucky Derby framed print, a $50 gift card to a Buckhead Life Group restaurant, and I got a new Hooters golf bag!
The day was a blast and I can't wait to get back to TPC Sugarloaf for a full round of golf!



No comments:

Post a Comment