Friday, March 20

Spring Has Sprung!

Spring is a wonderful season. It is a time of new beginnings, nature’s glory, Easter… the beginning of baseball season, warm weather, and a bunch of great birthdays!

Spring is such a symbolic season in our lives. “Spring cleaning” can be used in more ways than just dusting off your fan blades and changing your smoke detector batteries. My goal for the season is to “spring clean” my life – all aspects of it! It is time to get the old, dusty routines out of the way and make room for bright and warming ones.

My first item on my “spring cleaning” list is my relationship with God. After taking an almost 7 year hiatus from the church, it is time that I rekindle that relationship – for myself and those in my life. Inspired by several recent visits to 12Stone, I understand the importance of such a relationship.

My second item on my list is my health. Having several issues with allergies and a run in with MRSA I need to get things back into control – health wise. This season I promise (to myself) that I will get back on my goal of weight loss, will be more conscious about the things I put my body through (and mind), and will focus on a healthier me!

My third, and final, item on my list is my finances. Being in my mid-twenties (MAN THAT SOUNDS WEIRD) it is time for me to hunker down and focus on the things that await me in life. It is time to stop the senseless spending and focus on savings for a home… a family… a long and happy life! I am a relatively frugal person, but it is time for focus. Gotta stay on track.

This list is a good start for the season. Keeping focus on the new and cleaning out the old… a good motto to always live by, but a great thought for the beginning of Spring.

1 comment:

  1. Spring also marks the end of Hockey season :(

    ReplyDelete