Wednesday, September 7

Heartache and Tears Shared with Friends

This morning while scrolling through tweets I’d missed from the previous night I stumbled upon one from a dear friend sharing the news of her grandfather’s passing. Immediately my heart began to beat faster as I remembered the feeling of losing a grandparent. Tears of sympathy began pooling in my eyes – for my friend and, selfishly, for myself. October 15, 2008 – a day that I’ll never forget. You see, this was the first time I’ve ever lost anyone so close to me. Barbara Edmondson, “Loving Wife, Mother, Grandmother” as read on her headstone, was such an incredible woman.


My thoughts and prayers go out to my dear friend and her family as they celebrate the life of a wonderful, God-loving, man.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment