Wednesday, November 7

Why, Thank Ya!

Today’s prompt asks about the last compliment I received.  Being in a very loving marriage, my husband showers me with compliments on a daily basis so I’m constantly being lifted up.  Outside of my safe haven, compliments come in all kinds of shapes and sizes.  Two of the ones that stand out to me that made the most impact on me are:

“You are such a great mom.”

“You are SO rocking the ‘Mommy-Chic… it looks good on you girl.”

Of course the first made such an impression because I’m a new mom and constantly feel like I’m flying by the seat of my pants in order to keep up with my little man.  Hearing that what I’m doing is right is such a confidence boost.

The “Mommy-Chic” line MADE. MY. DAY!  Of course as a woman I am self conscious of my body.  Add in the ass that comes along with child bearing and BOOM - big time body complex.  Having someone (other than my husband) tell me that I look fabulous made me want to float away on my cloud 9.  You know what made it even better?  The compliment came from a gay man.  We ALL know they have style!  Woo hoo!

What compliments have you received that made your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment