Saturday, April 17

Strawberry "Coke" Cake

Excited to share this delish recipe with y'all today!

Tonight we are off to some friends house for an evening of fun.  I'm in charge of dessert.  In celebration of spring and to pull out an old favorite I decided to make my Strawberry "Coke"Cake.

Before I get rolling on the actual to-do, I want to clarify on the name.  No, there is no actual Coca-Cola in the cake, BUT there is a carbonated beverage - all of which are known in the south / Atlanta area as COKE! 

A simple bake, the Strawberry "Coke" Cake is great for all kinds of occasions: cookouts, family gatherings, showers & (my fave) just cause!


Ingredients:
   1 box (16oz.) Angel Food Cake Mix
   1 1/4 cup Strawberry Coke (aka. Soda, Soda-Pop, Pop - whatever you call it)
   1/4 cup Honey
   1/4 cup Butter, Melted
   2 cups Sifted Confectioners' (Powdered) Sugar
   4 tbsp. Strawberry Coke
   4 drops Red Food Coloring

To Do:
   1.  Prepare cake mix according to the box, but in place of the water, substitute the first measure of strawberry Coke & honey.  Bake as directed & cool.*
   2.  While cake is baking, prepare glaze by combining melted butter, confectioners' sugar, remaining Coke measure & food coloring. 
   3.  Drizzle glaze onto cake once cake is cooled.  Serve & enjoy!

This recipe serves around 10 or so & takes about an hour to make.  Simple as can be!

*Bakers Note: I love to use my bundt pan, but the mixture makes a little extra.  Instead of using a different pan I fill my bundt pan 3/4 of the way full & use the remaining batter to make cute little cupcakes!  Aren't they great on my Alabama plate? (RTR!)

Good times & God bless,
Steph

1 comment:

  1. sounds wonderful! I'm going to try that for my company tomorrow after church!!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete