Tuesday, March 8

Answers...

Finally, after five long months of pain and illness, I have received answers. Yesterday, I went back to my rheumatologist to find out the results of my blood work. Nervous did not even justify my feelings. Just think about it, after five months of ups and downs, I was at my wits end, walking into the doctor’s office was an ending to an issue and the beginning of recovery... at least that is what I was praying for.

The diagnosis is a good one – it isn’t anything severely debilitating! Praise GOD! There are two possible arthritic conditions that I could be suffering from. The problem is now that they are both so similar, we cannot be sure which one it is. I have the genetic marker (HLA-B27) for both Reactive Arthritis, which I could’ve developed after having Salmonella, and Psoriatic Arthritis, which normally occurs in people who have psoriasis. The problem here is that I do not have, nor have been diagnosed with psoriasis; however, 15% of the time the arthritis can show before the skin disorder. Luckily for me, the medicines to treat both forms of arthritis are the same!

The doctor said my GFree diet will only help me to feel better too. By the way, I lost 5lbs after week 1. Me likey!

Although this road to recovery is not over yet, I should only be feeling better each day. Knowing that I have answers to the way I’ve been feeling is more of a gift than I ever thought it would be.

Praise the Lord for my answers and for all of my family and friends who have been so supportive and caring throughout this entire ordeal. I am such a blessed girl!

Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment