Friday, July 22

Oh Shutterfly, You Shouldn’t Have

After 10 months (yes, you read that right… 10 MONTHS) of being married I finally got around to getting my wedding album put together and ordered.  It arrived yesterday - the bright orange box safely tucked in box #3, the key neatly laid in our tiny apartment mail hole.  You see, I’ve been waiting ever so patiently for this little puppy to arrive.  It is my own creation, showcases the happiest day of my life thus far.

I had used Shutterfly once before, but did not want to spend an arm and a leg to have my COMPLETE wedding album printed.  I wanted a big book, with page after page of snapshots from the wedding.  I’m not going to lie, I wanted every shot taken in that book.  Pricing the books made my head spin.  Our photographer (who took some AMAZING shots and I would recommend him to everyone) had created an example book with his favorite shots and told me it would be another $100 - $125 for him to have it printed – leather bound with thick pages… errrr. No thanks.  Shutterfly’s options were much better, but then you get into adding pages.  WHERE was I going to find a place that could let me create the album of my dreams at a reasonable price!? WHERE, I ASK YOU!?!

Customize Your Heart Out
Recently, Shutterfly came out with a new option for book creation, a completely customizable path that allows your artistic expression to seep through your project in its entirety.  I fell in love immediately.

I still had one problem, pricing.  We don’t have extra cash just laying around asking to be sent off for fun projects.

Sign Up for Shutterfly = Discounts Baby!
I created a Shutterfly account previously (as mentioned above) and would occasionally receive offers for discounts and freebies.  None of them caught my eye until… “50% off ALL photobooks”.  You say what?! 

I began diligently working away, selecting pictures for each page, uploading photo after photo after photo (this goes on 700+ times).   I selected colors and layouts, special phrases and fonts.  With “and they lived happily ever after…” the book was complete.  I submitted it for print and began my wait. 

Here is my book, sitting in its new home in our living room for all to see.  It turned out better than I could’ve imagined.  The colors ring true, the pages luxuriously thick, the product is exactly what we were looking for.

I invite you to visit Shutterfly’s website and sign up for your own account.  Just for doing so, they will give you up to 50 free 4x6 prints.  

 




 This blog is not a promotion for Shutterfly.  All opinions are truly my own.  And no, I was not asked to review my product.  I just love it so much I had to share with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment