Friday, May 29

"My Eyes Adored You"...

It all started last summer when Frankie Valli played Chastain Park Amphitheater. My mom, being a HUGE Frankie Valli fan, asked me if I would mind going with her. I, being a HUGE Chastain fan, said yes. Heck, how bad could a Frankie Valli concert be? I grew up listening to his hits: “Big Girls Don’t Cry”… “Sherry”… “Walk Like A Man”… Needless to say, the show was a blast.

A couple months later, Mom heard that the Broadway show Jersey Boys was coming to the Fox. She bought us tickets and said that she would treat me to a day if I would be willing to go with her… Umm, YES I’LL GO!

So here we are – up to date and in the present. Yesterday was the big day. We headed downtown for our matinee performance. Starting a block down at a cute little Italian/Mediterranean inspired place called Enoteca Carbonari. The food was delish, and the wine even better! Sitting on the patio looking out onto Peachtree I thought to myself “how lucky am I to have this mom!?”

After lunch we strolled up to the Fabulous Fox; so perfectly named, as it is extremely fabulous! The show started and I swear I sang every song along with the cast for the next two hours.

My Un-Professional Critique: Jersey Boys is a MUST SEE! The cast’s charisma is magical. On stage Frankie was perfection – his notes ringing from the 1950’s & 1960’s. The Four Seasons (Tommy DeVito, Nick Massi, and Bob Gaudio) gave a spectacular performance, showing the ups and downs of life on the road, getting started, hitting it big, and all the bumps in between. The crowd was so drawn into the performance that I felt we were all passerbys of real life – the true life and story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.

So “Bye Bye Baby, Baby Bye Bye” Jersey Boys and thanks Mom for another wonderful Mother-Daughter day. “Big Girls Don’t Cry” when they get to spend fabulous days with their fabulous moms!

No comments:

Post a Comment